Your Privacy Matters
Data Protection, Privacy & Security Updates
HireMojo takes your privacy seriously! We have invested in data protection, privacy and security since we were founded, and our comprehensive privacy and security programs were built on this solid foundation.
To address the complexity of new and changing global privacy regulations, HireMojo evaluates and incorporates the highest levels of privacy protections for all users around the globe. Click the links below to see our current policies:
For more information about how our privacy or security programs address specific legislation, as well as to access customer-only resources, please see below.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is the first U.S. state law that comprehensively addresses consumer privacy. The CCPA grants California residents new rights regarding their personal information and imposes various obligations on businesses that process California residents’ personal information. Specifically, it incorporates several GDPR-like concepts, such as the rights of access, portability, and deletion.
The CCPA goes into effect on January 1, 2020, and the California Attorney General begins enforcement as early as July 1, 2020. Given the new rights and the CCPA’s expansiveness, HireMojo is committed to maintaining compliance and enabling its customers to use HireMojo Hiring Automation Platform to assist in their own CCPA compliance. As such, we are closely and continually reviewing the CCPA’s requirements, including its proposed amendments. We will continue to update this webpage as we publish additional resources for customers, which will include articles, videos, release notes, and more.
- What Your Business Needs to Know About the California Consumer Privacy Act
- The Latest on What The California Privacy Bill Means for Job Applicant and Employee Data
- The First Consumer Privacy Law In The U.S. Is Coming: Are You Ready?
- New Privacy Laws in California: Take Your Consumer Data Privacy Seriously Now, Before It’s Too Late
On May 25, 2018, the EU’s next generation of data protection law, the GDPR, went into effect. Aiming to strengthen the security and protection of personal data, the GDPR replaces the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive.
Meeting Our Obligations as Data Processor
In addition to providing great functionality to empower you, the Data Controller, to manage your GDPR compliance responsibilities, we, as a Data Processor, ensure the availability of documented processing requirements and data flows as outlined under Article 30 – Records of Processing Activity, so you can be sure that the data privacy and compliance pipeline is managed all the way through the data lifetime. HireMojo manages your data following the processing regulations and:
- Maintains clear documentation of data security measures, data protection policies, and procedures
- Provides a Standard Data Privacy Agreement (DPA) as part of your contract with HireMojo
- Provides a record of all candidate data collected, identifies and maps data flows, and documents the data processing involved
- Provides Article 30 Reports for each application in the platform
To learn more about GDPR and HireMojo, drop us a line at email@example.com and we will get back to you right away.